M-F AREA FOUNDATION GIVES TO COMMUNITY
The Milton Freewater Area Foundation was founded in 1962 for the purpose of creating a trust for charitable and educational uses in our community. The foundation committee is made up of 5 members within our community volunteering to serve 5 year terms. The Milton-Freewater Area Foundation Trust funds are currently managed by Baker Boyer Bank.
The Milton-Freewater Area Foundation recently announced community grants and scholarships for 2017 with a combining total of $102,670.00. Of that amount nearly $20,050.00 was distributed in scholarships to 14 M-F students seeking to further their education. The remainder of the funds was granted to contribute to the following organizations/programs around the Milton-Freewater community.
- Milton-Freewater Historical society (yearly maintenance and support of the Frazier Farmstead Museum),
- Milton-Freewater Downtown Alliance (Startup fund for Neighborhood watch program)
- Central Snow Cats (Ski Club)
- Walla Walla Symphony (concert for elementary students)
- Walla Walla YMCA (5 week summer camp for youth in Milton-Freewater)
- Junior show of M-F (New irrigation system)
- Milton-Freewater School Dist. (various projects and programs)
- M-F Rotary ( Memorial Playground)
- Providence St Mary’s Foundation (activity tracking bands for Elementary students)
- WW Basin Watershed Council (Ferndale learning lab)
- WW Community Hospice (medication for patients)
- Little Theatre of WW (sound equipment and lighting)
- MF Downtown Alliance (music and entertainment for Thursdays Rock)
- M-F Senior Center (to repave parking lot)
For more information about the foundation, how to apply for grants or scholarships, or make contributions, please contact Luis Alvarez MFAF Director. Luis may be reached at (509) 526-1492, or at Baker Boyer Bank (Milton-Freewater Branch) 320 N Columbia, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862. The Milton Freewater Area Foundation website is www.afareafoundation.org and can also be used to obtain information.